Thursday, July 16, 2009
Ainsley's Book of the Month
We went to the library the other day. Bennett chose a few books to check out, and Ainsley was furiously looking for a single book to check out. She has no real method to book selection, she just randomly and impulsively chooses the books she wants. On this particular day, she only wanted to choose one book. Now, the library offers children thousands of wonderful, quality literature choices. I showed her many of her options, and she turned down each of my suggestions. Finally, she whipped the book pictured below off the shelf and immediately exclaimed that she had found just the book she wanted....Santa and the Christ Child! Seriously? Yes, very seriously. This is a crazy book. It is written for small children but contains vocabulary such as "endeared" and "dejected" and "chaise lounge" and "remarkable conveyance." It does, however, end with a good message about how Christmas is really about Jesus being born, rather than Santa and toys. I'm pretty sure I know why this book was "the one" for Ainsley...Baby Jesus, featured on the cover, of course!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment