Monday, January 11, 2010
A Glimpse Into the Future...Oh, Dear
So, birthday parties have really evolved over the past several years. I remember the days when you went to your friend's house, ate a piece of cake, played a simple game and went home with a balloon. No more! Parties are much more complicated these days. Bennett attended a classmate's party over the weekend. It was a salon party. I thought, "Oh, how nice. Bennett will get her nails painted and a couple of cute clippies in her hair." Little did I know that I would drop her off as a child and pick her up as a WOMAN! Yikes!
Here she is, about 20 years older than when I dropped her off! The child had her hair, make up, nails and toes done. She was just thrilled!
Check out the hair! It was pinned up with 752 bobbie pins, sprayed with glitter and felt like astroturf. They did a beautiful job. Now we just need a tiny prom dress.
Ainsley loved her big sister's new look. She decided to give herself a fancy hairdo as well. Lovely! At least she still looks her age. This experience was very fun for Bennett. I'm glad she was able to partake. However, the next morning she said, "I really want to wear lipstick today," to which I said, "I'm sorry...no. Chapstick...yes." She quickly followed with the question, "When can I start wearing a training bra?" Oh, dear.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow, looks like she had a great time. And absolutely beautiful (although she always is, even without all the extras!)...Grant's going to have to fight off the boys sooner than he thinks!
I think Beni looks like a young Drew Barrymore!!! Love, Auntie
Tell her that she can start wearing a training bra when her Aunt Lindsey is ready to grow out of one!
Post a Comment