Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Toilet Sledding

We had a baby ice storm over the weekend and chose to stay home from church, due to the slick conditions.  Bright and early Sunday morning, Dad announced that he and the girls were going out to do some sledding with an old toilet (from a recent bathroom remodel) down the icy driveway.  I said, "You have got to be kidding."  His response was, "Nope."  I said, "Are you serious?!?!"  His response was, "Of course!"  

  
Here they are, embracing their hillbilly roots.  Ready for the first attempt.


The toilet is being put into position.  Dad will be the first to ride, because if someone should be willing to risk it all for a good time, it should most certainly be him!  It did not go all that well, due to the weight of the toilet, the traction of the wax ring and the soft ice.  I think the fact that it did not go well was a good thing, for the overall safety of those involved.



Plan B went into effect with real sleds...much better, I mean SAFER, idea.  When the girls came in from toilet sledding Ainsley said, "THAT WAS AWESOME!!!"  You have to love a baby ice storm!

1 comment:

Julie said...

I'm so glad that if it was too icy to see us in Ottumwa you were doing something productive, like toilet sledding. That is seriously the next best thing.....I love it! Hopefully there wasn't anything in the toilet...like poo. Thanks for sharing!