Saturday, March 9, 2013

Bowling and Bonding and Blowin' It Up!


We took the girls bowling for the very first time in our family history.  It was loads of fun.  Might I also mention it costs loads of money, so we probably won't go bowling often, but it was worth it.  Super fun!  I have posted a couple of videos.  Notice the sibling bonding, the use of fancy "blow it up" fist bumps to celebrate and classic bowling tunes.





Don't stop...believin'...


I am glad I caught them hitting pins on video.  Most of the time, they were gutter balling it, but they didn't mind at all.  We chose to play without gutter guards because it's no fun to bowl without some risk involved.  Living on the edge!  


The number of gutter balls is obvious when you see the final scores from game one.  Ouchy!  At least Dad broke 100!


And here he is, heading into the triple digits.  Did you know that Dad was in a junior bowling league during middle/high school?  Yep.  His team was named "The Bowling Butts."  Nice.  Very adolescent boyish of them to come up with such a name.   Well, obviously his time as a Bowling Butt paid off last night.  I will say that I kicked his bowling butt in the second game with my personal best of 125.  Anyway, scores aside, we had a really good time!  Next time we feel like burning 35 bucks, we're heading to the bowling alley for sure!

No comments: