Thursday, October 9, 2014

House Pics

So, most of the four or five people who read this blog have already seen our house.  However, my friend, Julie, has not.  She requested house pics.  So Jules, this post is for you!  We bought another old house.  Dad and the girls love it.  It is growing on me little by little.  We still have lots of painting and some other things to do, but it's starting to seem like our house.


We have a little office off the kitchen in this house.  It has a pocket door, which is nice so that we can close it off when it's messy! We still need to paint this room (it is BRIGHT gold now) and hang decor.    One of these days... Between the office and the kitchen is a hallway with a big double closet/pantry.  This house has storage, storage and more storage, which is currently my favorite feature.


The kitchen is kind of "L" shaped.  Here is part of it.  I love the big windows that look out into the backyard and I also enjoy having a window over my sink.  I'd never had that luxury before.


Here is the baby bathroom between the kitchen and office.  It has some nice built-in cupboards.  This room needs some painting and a flooring redo.  One thing I really like is the set of vintage lights.  They are super cool.


The other end of the kitchen, looking in from the dining room.  This room is the next to be painted and officially decorated.  Hopefully that will happen some time this fall or winter.


Here we have the dining room.  We painted this room already.  It was a pukey, pinkish beige.  Now it is Sherwin-Williams "blonde."  I got a new rug too, which I'm quite pleased with!


The dining room has a little area that sticks out .  It's a good spot for our old icebox.  And see the radiator? The heat source in this house has been concerning to me, due to my lack of experience with it.  I will say, however, that I have been pleasantly surprised by how quiet and comfortable it is.

 More storage!  This is the entryway area by the front door.  These are three giant closets.  Delightful!  Grant is keeping all of his clothes in one of them so that I can have the entire bedroom closet to myself.  Double delightful!

 The staircase to this house is kind of in the middle of the house, rather than by the front door like our old house.  I really like it!

The living room is pretty large...very long and it has two entrances.  Here is one end that has paneled french doors.  We kind of made this end a sitting/reading area.  That there is my first IKEA furniture purchase.  I love that little chair and ottoman!


Here is a view from the IKEA chair.  This room was hideous before, with filthy white walls, big velvet curtains and grapevine wallpaper border.  We painted and hope to eventually refinish the floors.  It's amazing what a little paint will do.


A view from the other end.  Something is going haywire with my pictures as I blog.  Dangit, you stinking blog!  I had more pics but who knows where they are.  I may add them later.  Ugh.


The previous owner was using this main floor room as a second office, but Grant and I decided to make it our bedroom.  There is work to be done here.  We are getting carpet to replace the laminate flooring and we will take down the border and paint.  Someday soon this will be a great bedroom!




And magically, here are the rest of the pictures.  Whew! A final view of the other side of the living room.  The second entrance leads into the dining room.


Here is the upstairs bathroom.  It was remodeled fairly recently, which we loved since we are not handy.


There are three bedrooms upstairs, all with big walk-in closets.  This small bedroom has become a tv/book/toy hangout room for the girls.


Here is Ainsley's big closet.  Basically, it's like each bedroom has its own extra room.  The girls spend more time in their closets than in their actual rooms.


The girls' rooms are big.  Here is part of Ainsley's.  She had enough space for two beds!  Perfect for guests.


Crooked picture.  Sorry.  Bennett's room is huge.  I couldn't capture the whole thing!  We still need to hang blinds, figure out curtains and eventually paint these rooms.


Here is part of Bennett's closet.  The other end has a built-in dresser, which is great because we were going to need to buy a dresser when we moved.  Problem solved!  I didn't take a picture but there is another big walk-in closet just off the bathroom upstairs.  It's a wonderful place for extra bedding, towels and all of our off-season clothing!


The rooms are around the perimeter of the second floor, since the stairs are in the middle of the house.  I really like that.


We went from having .17 acre of land at our old house to 1.15 acres at the new.  It is more work, but it's fantastic!  Here is the backyard.  Behind the garage is a cool, brick fireplace/bbq.  We love it and hope to develop that area into a nice hangout spot.  Our yard goes quite a ways back behind that little shed.



And finally, here is a piece of the great big, front yard.  We live on a busy street, but since the house sets back off the road, we haven't minded at all.  We don't really notice traffic or noise much at all. So, there you have it Jules!  Next time you're in town you MUST stop by for a visit!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU my dear friend! I LOVE it!! So much character and your decorating skillz are amazing (I love the living room and that R!) I am there next time, pinky swear. Seriously awesome house. I know someone else who will be looking at these pics (Zachary Dale...loves him some house looking). :)