We must remember to respect the basic rights of all people, even the very young. Today Ainsley asked me to "Please close the door while I poop." I asked her why she wanted the door closed and her reply was, "I need privacy." Yes, privacy...a word common in the 2 year-old's vocabulary. Funny that she needs privacy to poop, but she'll gladly run around the house without pants, if permitted. I think the main reason she requested privacy was so she could unroll the entire roll of toilet paper without getting in trouble until she had completed the task. Fortunately, I'm on to her. Also, it amazes me how they learn to play these little games at such a young age...making a reasonable request with alterior motives behind it. As Grant always says, it's a good thing God makes little kids cute! Sunday, March 2, 2008
We must remember to respect the basic rights of all people, even the very young. Today Ainsley asked me to "Please close the door while I poop." I asked her why she wanted the door closed and her reply was, "I need privacy." Yes, privacy...a word common in the 2 year-old's vocabulary. Funny that she needs privacy to poop, but she'll gladly run around the house without pants, if permitted. I think the main reason she requested privacy was so she could unroll the entire roll of toilet paper without getting in trouble until she had completed the task. Fortunately, I'm on to her. Also, it amazes me how they learn to play these little games at such a young age...making a reasonable request with alterior motives behind it. As Grant always says, it's a good thing God makes little kids cute!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment