Bennett enjoyed opening her gifts from Mom and Dad, three Precious Moments figurines purchased at a garage sale (Bennett's Mom is very thrifty.) I posted this picture mostly so that the masses could witness an incredible display of voluminous hair. Bennett wakes up each day with amazing body and bounce in her crazy hair. It cannot be easily tamed. I would kill for this kind of volume myself!
Monday, August 31, 2009
Birthday Beginnings.
We like to celebrate our children's birthdays in shifts. We kick off with Bennett's actual birthday, a mid-birthdays family celebration for both girls a couple weeks later, followed by Ainsley's actual birthday. We recently started this month-long party process.
The night before Bennett's actual birthday, Ainsley gave her a present...a new YooHoo, a capuchin monkey! Both girls were thrilled! He's kind of an ugly little fellow, but Bennett loves him all the same.
The next morning, Bennett's birthday morning, she awoke to her decorated bedroom, a family tradition. This year, Dad and I tried to incorporate some of her toys in the decoration to provide maximum thrill for her. As you can see, Josefina is riding in her doll-size wheelchair, blindfolded by a pink streamer. She is flying some balloons, attached to a light pink streamer (balloons not pictured) and the balloons are being blown so violently by the wind that they are dragging her along in her wheelchair. Little does Josefina know that she is about to crash into Bennett's tower of birthday gifts! Tragedy is about to occur, unless Bennett opens the presents and gets them out of the way. It was close, but Bennett managed to do so in the nick of time, and thanks to the streamer blindfold, Josefina never had a clue that she was in any sort of danger. Whew!

Bennett enjoyed opening her gifts from Mom and Dad, three Precious Moments figurines purchased at a garage sale (Bennett's Mom is very thrifty.) I posted this picture mostly so that the masses could witness an incredible display of voluminous hair. Bennett wakes up each day with amazing body and bounce in her crazy hair. It cannot be easily tamed. I would kill for this kind of volume myself!
Since the girls have a family party in between their actual birthdays, they celebrate on their actual birthday by having one friend over to play and have birthday dinner and dessert. Bennett's former classmate and friend, R., came over this year. Believe it or not, these two girls are the same age! It's amazing how children come in all shapes and sizes! R. is blessed with tallness, and Bennett, not so much!
Bennett enjoyed opening her gifts from Mom and Dad, three Precious Moments figurines purchased at a garage sale (Bennett's Mom is very thrifty.) I posted this picture mostly so that the masses could witness an incredible display of voluminous hair. Bennett wakes up each day with amazing body and bounce in her crazy hair. It cannot be easily tamed. I would kill for this kind of volume myself!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Jenn, I actually laughed out loud on the picture of Bennett's friend when I read that they were the same age. For some reason I found that hilarious. Cute pictures, your kids never fail to entertain us!
Post a Comment