Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Candle-Kazam!!!

Our second annual Candle-Kazam commenced today! Two little girls at our house were VERY excited, and Dad was very nervous. Mom is just sitting back, enjoying the ride. The girls made seven candles, seven challenges, for their dad this year. That is one challenge, every three days until Christmas. Every third day he must choose a paper candle wick out of one of the toilet paper tube candles, read the challenge and complete it. Fun, fun!!!
Challenge #1...Eat a peanut butter and dill pickle sandwich. We're starting him off easy!

Delish! I went pretty heavy on the pickle for him, and the bread had been in the freezer, so I had to unthaw a slice, thus making it warm. Nothing like a warm, peanut butter and pickle sandwich. But this man is a hero. He did it, no complaints and no gagging. He is slightly nauseous and has a bad taste in his mouth, as we speak. Oh well, Dad...take one for the team!


4 comments:

James said...

I don't know how this got started, but it seems that it is a cool Rogers Family Christmas Tradition...unless you are Grant.

Jodi said...

Grant is a trooper for humoring your silly & creative little girls. How much input do you give when they're coming up with the challenges, Jenn?

Jennifer said...

I would say the challenges are 50% the girls' idea and 50% mine. Sometimes they have outrageous things they want him to do and I have water them down a bit. We have to keep it legal, you know.

Hannah Taylor said...

You guys always think up such fun ways of celebrating!!