Friday, May 6, 2011

HONK If You Love Your Moped!!!!

Grandpa C. bought a pair of super sweet '81 Honda Passport mopeds at an auction last weekend. A little history...he used to sell mopeds back in the late 1970's and early 1980's, so mopeds were part of our lives. We had some awesome Vespa scooters back in the day, one with a sidecar, some that were pedal mopeds. It was heaven. Having these "new" beauties is really fun and exciting for us moped lovers! Here is Bennett going for a ride with Grandpa!


Dad and Ainsley also did some cruising around the yard. Don't you love the ridiculously tall windshields on these things?




Aunt L. is back visiting, and the two of us have a special moped bond. We used to ride the Vespas together all the time, and once while riding double we wrecked (she was driving) and I burned my leg on the hot muffler pretty badly. Good times they were! We were excited to do some riding together last night, but before we went out we had to take a kissy face picture (my mom has several of this type of photo of us growing up...no idea why.) Who is that fool in the background on the tv??? Oh Grandpa C and his ever-present Fox News.






Aunt L. and I enjoyed a sunset ride. It was just like old times.















There was lots of horn honking too. This video clip is super short, but it will give you an idea of how annoying my sister and I on a moped can be. HONK, HONK, HONK! We were riding by the living room window, trying to get our Fox-News-watching father to take notice of us. Silly girls! We love mopeds!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Hilarious...I love it! I used to want one SO bad! And I can't get my mom to stop watching FOX news...seriously, turn it off! Love the helmet too. :)