Wednesday, May 4, 2011
Maps, Naked People and the Sistine Chapel...Oh My!
So, I have this old, framed map. It used to belong to my grandparents and I've always thought it was cool, but I've never had it hanging anywhere in my house. Last weekend we unearthed it and I decided it was just too cool to be in storage. I'm hoping to reframe it and display it...well, I hoped so until Bennett and Ainsley saw it. They immediately noticed something I had not...FOUR NAKED PEOPLE are on the upper and lower edges of the map. Some call it art. My girls call it completely inappropriate!
What to do, what to do. A friend was over and she suggested we simply draw some clothes on the nudies. Hmmm. Not a bad idea at all! Today I just drew some drapy clothes over their private parts and voila...no more inappropriateness on this map! As I finished the drawing, Bennett said, "THAT is MUCH better! Mom, you should go to the Sistine Chapel and paint clothes on all those naked people on the ceiling." Um, no thanks, my darling. I might get in serious trouble for destroying art, and penciling little loin cloths on these four folks was a challenge enough. I'm officially finished defacing art.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
that made us (Dan and I) laugh out loud. very resourceful momma. and very good teaching on modesty, hoping ours get that one of these days. the map is pretty awesome, would look great hanging up.
Post a Comment