Tuesday, July 19, 2011
No Ribbons For You! Mom Is Majorly in the Doghouse!
The wee ones have been working so very long and so very hard on art projects for our county fair, we began yesterday. They had hopes and dreams of entering them into the junior arts exhibit, getting ribbons and seeing their art on public display. I, too, was eagerly anticipating this beloved event. Then it all came crashing down when I sickly realized I made a reading error in the fairbook. I thought the book stated that we were to enter items at 1:00 on Tuesday the 19th of July. The actual show BEGINS today, Tuesday the 19th of July at 1:00. Items were to be entered last night or earlier this morning. We sadly missed the boat, and I AM REALLY UPSET WITH MYSELF RIGHT NOW! Poor Ainsley was crying. Bennett and Cousin M. are disappointed by holding themselves together. They have all said they forgive me, but I am sad for them. Here is the art they made. At least it can get some public display on this blog. Sorry, girlies. No ribbons for you.
Ainsley's water color painting. It would have been in class P.S. # 10B, just so you know!
Ainsley's tissue art...
Ainsley's colored pencil drawing.
Ainsley's jewelry. Man, this just makes me sick, missing this art show! Ugh!
Ainsley's scrap paper cutting...
Ainsley's magic marker drawing...
And on to Bennett. Here is her crayon/pencil drawing. Category B #3c is just not the same without this piece!
Bennett's marker drawing...
Bennett's last-minute, whipped together bookmark...
And her prized piece, the recycled item, category B#35d or maybe B#39, the cardboard and duct tape Dell laptop, complete with CD-ROM drive and mouse. Oh, girls, you did a fine job. If I could award you virtual ribbons I would. If I could enter your things in the neighboring county fair, which is next week, I would! We aren't residents of that county though, so it's a no go. Sometimes a mother just drops the ball, and for this dropped ball, I am terribly sad and sorry. Only 364 days until next summer's exhibit! Bummer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
oh yikers! that is a bummer. chin up though momma, because while no new ribbons this year, you have helped raise up some AWESOME-SAUCE creative little artists. that deserves an award in itself. :)
I would give all of those creations a ribbon! Great job girlies! And no worries Mom...a good lesson on forgiveness!
Post a Comment