A considerable amount of payment is a big pro. With a long paved lane, an and large cement driveway pad, the girls love the vast space for bike riding and scootering without the fear of traffic. I love not being paranoid about them riding around as well!
A con of luxury living is the fact that it takes place in the country, thus there are gravel roads, thus it is dusty. Our vehicles are filthy. People could write messages to us all over them.
A pro/con to luxury living is the care taking of the beloved (sort of) and elderly german shepherd. The girls and I value her companionship. She is a very nice dog. Grant has learned to tolerate her without complaining or spewing nasty remarks. I rather enjoy her presence....aside from the masses of hair. This friendly beast is shedding like crazy, and I couul do without that. I don't know how my mom can stand it. At least she's outside or in the laundry room all the time.
Something we love about LL (luxury living) is riding the Gator around the yard! I wonder how many miles are on this thing...an alarming number, I'm sure!
A large perk to LL is the swimming pool! It's not a gigantic pool, but it's bigger than our baby pool at home, and the girls love it. Grandpa and Grandma are tossing around the idea of getting a really big pool next year. To that idea, I say "yes, please" and go ahead and book our reservations to house sit again. We want to try some synchronized swimming the next time we stay.
A retro pro of LL is moped riding. The Honda Passports are the sweetest rides of all time. This is an adult sport only. So far it's been too blazing hot to ride, but some night this week we'll be buzzing around on the masses of pavement and the masses of lawn.

The mammoth television with Dish Network is a huge pro, since all we have at home is an old 29" tv with no network/cable service and no antenna. HGTV is so much better than gray fuzz, you know?
The most horrible and gigantic con of LL is PICKING MY MOM'S BEANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ugh. I hate this task as much now as I did as a kid, and while I am trying to be thankful for God's gift of healthy provision, there is nothing that can make bean picking a good thing. The only worse task I can think of...well there are two...cleaning up puke or detassling corn. Those two things might be a touch worse.
Uncle Chuck is letting us use his Wii for a few days. This is a really fun pro, as we have no gaming systems at home. The only con will be listening to Bennett complain about how horribly her arm muscles hurt from too much sword fighting.
And a final pro/con is the plethera of tasty foods that my mom has that we do not. She loads up her candy jar before we house sit, and there are a variety of other unhealthy food options. This is a con because we do not need to eat these things. But we do get to enjoy fresh beans (did I mention that picking them is terrible?), tomatoes, yellow squash, zucchini and such from the garden. Hopefully those veggies zero out the Milky Way Minis and the Raisinettes. I'm sure they must.
1 comment:
Oooh, enjoy your vacation there! Sounds like I should just happen to pop in with all the festivities going on there.....ha ha! And candy for myself!
Post a Comment