
Bedtime is one of the best times for being together, being silly, remembering and making memories. I love that Dad is involved with putting the girls to bed each night. They love it! I admit that sometimes I get "demanding," as I'm told, when he gets them all silly and worked up when my goal is to get them to go to sleep, but in reality I love his sense of humor and how the girls love it as well. The other night, we were talking about how the girls are growing up and we were remembering their baby days. Dad dug out his "dad sweatshirt." He got this sweatshirt back in college, and he had a picture taken in it while holding Bennett as a newborn. The girls decided we should do some reinactments of their newborn days. In the above picture, taken by Ainsley while I was doing real bedtime tasks, is dad pretending to have some back labor...I think. He's kind of smiling. That's how you know it's pretend back labor. Oh, and the fact that men can't have babies. I guess that tips you off as well.

Here is Dad, holding Bennett as if she's a baby. She's smiling in the picture. She did not smile much as a baby. She cried. A lot. It's nice to see she's a happy baby these days.

Ainsley wanted to take a picture, pretending that Bennett had just been born. Fine. Here it is. I am smiling in the picture. I was not smiling when Bennett had just been born. I was happy, but I was exhausted and terrified. I would say that Dad's expression is similar to the one he had when Bennett was born, but I don't recall him flashing the "hang loose" sign back in the day. We were not hanging loose. And as I type, I realize that Bennett is almost as long as I am! Oh dear!

Here is dad, holding his second born. He is smiling, and rightfully so. We had a little better of an idea of what we were getting into the second time around. Ainsley was a generally happy baby, so that helped.

Hmmm. Sideways picture. No idea why. Anyway, the expressions on these faces are very real. Ainsley and Dad are always cutting up. She finds him ultra amusing and they laugh together quite a lot! It is awesome. Thank you, Dad, for the bedtime silliness. You are blessing our kids (and me) with wonderful memories!
1 comment:
I must admit, I was not expecting to see Grant with a pregnant belly when I clicked on your blog....very entertaining and fun! I would love to be a fly on the wall at your house!
Post a Comment