One of the best things about having creative little kids in the house is the endless entertainment they create with inanimate objects. Above is Bennett's most recent "scene" where the beloved "Mousy" is being a teacher to a number of animal students. The papers on Mousy's desk are tiny replicas of a class list, a page from a grade book and some other school-type papers. Bennett put a lot of time and effort into creating this little classroom.
The girls continue to L-O-V-E playing with old fabric. This week we are featuring some ninja/mummy animals. They are getting ready for Halloween.
Dang! Another sideways photo. Actually, I think I have this problem figured out but it was too late to change the orientation on this one. Sorry. Dad really enjoys the "scene" making the girls do, and he sometimes gets involved. Yesterday I opened a cupboard door to discover the ninja/mummy friends and their striped costume buddies had invaded the pantry. Apparently Dad arranged this the night prior, just before we went to bed. It was a startling but fun morning surprise!
Scene making as expanded to encompass our socks! It is crazy sock day at school today, and Bennett had no socks she felt were crazy enough. I decided to give her an old pair of mine and let her decorate them with permanent marker. Yes indeed, these are now crazy socks! I especially enjoy the side with Bennett's HUGE self portrait. It's a bit alarming. And the Humpty Dumpty panel. What on earth? I asked her why she drew it and she said she has no idea. Hmmm.
Cardboard, we will always love you! The girls have been building their cardboard dream homes. Bennett's has an elevator, thanks to Dad's engineering!
This project was as fun for him as it was for the children. He worked on Ainsley's house for quite some time one night after she had gone to bed. I love him!
And to close, we constantly have fun little drawings floating around the house. I found these on the kitchen counter last week. They are two kids, one in a ninja suit and the other in a lion costume. The girls are currently Halloweenifying their dollhouses, and these kids are taped to Bennett's front porch on her dollhouse. When they get their dollhouses officially finished, I have to post pictures of those. If we're lucky, maybe the creepy rubber fetuses will be participating in that bit!
Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment