Saturday, June 2, 2012

Random Tee Jamboree 2012

The first (hopefully annual) Random Tee Jamboree took place last night, and oh man, was it fun!  A little back story...we'd been wanting to have a party that had the word "jamboree" in the name for quite some time, just because it's a fun word.  This spring we decided that it would be great to have as many of our friends as possible join us in wearing their favorite or craziest or least likely to be worn in public or whatever t-shirt for a party, thus naming it the Random Tee Jamboree.  We had a good response to the idea, which I guess means everyone has a shirt they would normally not wear in public but secretly want to...well last night was the night!  Here are a few photos!  I have many others, all of them so good, but in order not to blow up my computer I'll just share a few!


Sweet bear face shirt!!!!


 The children represented well!  So many fun shirts, and I think the kids all had a great time playing together.  And just for some perspective, the two boys beside Bennett are the same age/grade as she is.  A little size difference!


It was so fun to hang out with so many incredibly awesome people!  I think we ended up with about 80 friends in attendance.  There are tons of awesome people in the world.  These are a few of the best!

Random Tee 2012 was just a plain old fun gathering.  It was also a sort of BIG news announcement-type night!  This little man's shirt says it all!  Baby #4 for his family is on the way!


And another HUGE announcement...Baby #4 on the way for these two as well.  What a sweet suprise to many!  And, uh, again...her shirt says it all!


Another highlight of the evening was the presence of Parker, the 10-week-old teacup Pomeranian puppy.  Ainsley, among many others, is in love!  He was an awesome little dog and he is officially welcome at all parties!  So darling!


With so many people and so much activity, we used a megaphone for announcements.  Grant and a megaphone = still not very loud!  It did help a lot, he is just not a loud talker.  Given that I am, I guess it's a really good thing he isn't!  We balance each other out.


Here was our youngest tee wearer...oops I caught her in a blink!


Another great kid's tee...love her smiling eyes!


These two had some of the most colorful shirts!


And this friend won "Best In Show" and the "Key to the City" prize.  His shirt was kind of morbid and depressing, but being that he is a native Ottumwan, it was somehow hilarious and okay for him to wear it.  Oh Dan!


And finally, a slightly innappropriate shirt on the right and a homemade shirt on the left.  I post this picture because when I took it Levi was mid-laugh about something.  Fun photo!  There was a lot of smiling and laughing all around...I hope our friends had as much fun as we did! 

1 comment:

James said...

It looks like the Jamboree was awesome. I hope it is an annual event so we can come to it. As I looked at the potluck spread you had it made me think of a church potluck. Then I thought this was a church potluck. Not to get all "spiritual" but I love how your family has a way of bringing together all kinds of people. It's what I think church really looks like. Just love for one another.