Essay tests have become quite a common form of assessment in elementary school. What is up with that? I am glad I am not in school anymore, as I would not enjoy essay tests. Bennett, however, seems to embrace them.
She just brought home this test comparing and contrasting the Southwest Region and the New England Region of the United States. Her assignment was to complete the bubble map above and write an essay using the information. What follows are a couple of snippets from her FOUR PAGE essay. Before you read (click on photo to enlarge,) let me share her opening lines from the essay..."Well, good day to you! I never, never dreamed I'd see you here! I feel I have the time to do a bit of comparing and contrasting for you. So, let me begin! The first thing I simply MUST compare for you are the New England Region and the Southwest Region's products." Oh my.
Goodness.
Where does she come up with this stuff? I wonder what her teacher thinks when she's reading Bennett's material. Her brain is quite something else! By the time she gets to college, paper writing will be a walk in the park...oh wait, judging by the length of her essays, she's already writing papers. Blows my mind!



No comments:
Post a Comment