Monday, February 18, 2008

We have a rubber snake living in our artificial tulips on the kitchen table. He's been there for about a week. I have tried to remove him from this location, but every time I do, I am reminded that he needs to be in his habitat, which is the tulips. It's kind of creepy eating meals with this fellow looking me in the eye all the time, as he is always facing my spot at the table. Oh, well. This is not the only wildlife exhibit we have at our house. We also have a raccoon resting on a tree branch balanced across the arms of our rocking chair. He is not to be removed from his habitat either. Finally, we have a tropical mammal called an aye-aye living in a decorative, artificial grass in the dining room. Bennett told me that legend has it that if the aye-aye points his long finger at you, you'll be dead within one year. I'm glad it's only a legend, because the way the snake is always looking at me, I'm sure I'd be first on the aye-aye's hit list as well!

No comments: