Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Wrongfully Accused

Ainsley is getting old enough to put two and two together to make her own assumptions. They are not always correct, however. This morning, I knocked her pretend make-up compact off the table and the lid broke off. She soon found the broken toy and came to me yelling, "Somebody broke my make-up. Who did this?" She quickly drew her own conclusion saying, "Naughty, naughty M'lynnerkins. Naughty, naught M'lynnerkins." (That's her nickname for her little cousin who is here today.) I quickly explained that I broke the toy, not M'lynn. She did not hear a word I said as her next statement was, "You are going to give her a spank, right?" I explained again to her that M'lynn was innocent. She kept chanting "Naughty M'lynnerkins!" After about the seventh time of me telling her I broke it, she finally said, "Oh...Mommy broke it," and then she walked off. Let's just say that if you ever go to trial for a crime you did not commit, you do not want Ainsley to be a member of the jury!

No comments: