Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Dust Mites and Trees and Ragweed, Oh My!


Well, Bennett had her first official appointment with the allergy/pulmonology doctor this morning. It was a two and a half hour visit, complete with the dreaded scratch tests. She was very chipper, chatty, cooperative and courageous. The nurses said she was the best patient they have ever had...EVER. Maybe they were just saying that, but I think she probably ranked right up there with the best of them...odd for her, as she is usually very dramatic and terrified at the doctor, especially when words like poke, prick and scratch are used. She was great, in fact, I took this picture just after her scratch tests were completed. And this is what we learned: Bennett is allergic to...let me take a deep breath so I can get the list out...ragweed, major trees (oak, maple, elm, ash) and minor trees (pine, hickory), cat dander, dog dander, cockroaches, dust mites, indoor molds, and outdoor molds. I think those are the major ones. Yikes! Well, that's good to know...now, where can I buy one of those plastic bubbles for her to live in?

2 comments:

Minyo said...

Oh, Man! That's a lot of stuff to be allergic to. At least she can eat (she's not allergic to any food is she?). What are the doctor's recommendations? Are allergy shots a possibility or medication of some sort? Bummer. At least you know now what she's allergic to.

Lindsey said...

Well, it looks like I have to take Emma to the pound for when Beni comes for a visit!