Today marked the beginning of the 2008-09 school year. Bennett was pumped...up at 6:30, ate breakfast, quickly dressed herself, was completely cooperative for hair styling and asking repeatedly, "Is it time to go?" Below is her "ready for the first day of school" photo. She posed so that her backpack could be seen.


Once Bennett had been dropped off, Ainsley and I returned home to enjoy playing outdoors for a bit of the beautiful morning. We visited with one another in the driveway as we played, and topics included bees, sidewalk chalk, the newspaper delivery man, types of butterflies, Guatemalan Worry Dolls and winter. As soon as we began discussing characteristics of winter, Ainsley remembered that she would be needing a snowsuit for snow play. We, of course, immediately headed into the house because she desperately needed to try on her snowsuit. It's a little big, but I think it will work, come December. Above, she's seen rolling around on the kitchen floor in the same fashion she would roll around in snow. I thought that the crazy happenings at our house would become less frequent in Bennett's absence, but I'm rethinking that one.
No comments:
Post a Comment