
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Animal Rescue on the Beaches of California
School was cancelled today, due to the weather. How do children who are home from school spend their day? Playing "Animal Rescue on the Beaches of California" of course! Bennett came across a multitude of animals in danger this morning. Here she is holding a baby anaconda she found washed up on shore and barely alive. Notice the beach attire of shorts and flip flops, safety gloves for handling wildlife, and some sort of holding cage made of a Bilibo and a jumprope hanging from her shoulder. I was deemed "the naturalist" who was to give her advice as to how to care for each creature in distress. My advice when caring for a baby anaconda: Being they are water serpents (is that true?) you should keep them in a container that contains a moderate amount of water, as well as insects on which to feed. I have no idea what I'm talking about but I must not be too far off base because she took my advice. Of course, I don't think baby anacondas are known to wash up on the shores in California, so possibly both of us are way off base. Whatever the case, Bennett is greatly enjoying her day at home, I mean in California!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment