Wednesday, November 10, 2010
Elvis the Pelvis, I Mean Poultry!
So, Bennett brings home a paper from school. It says we have a project to complete together and it must be returned by Friday, the 12th. The assignment: Disguise Tom the Turkey (template provided) so that the farmer won't recognize him. Save him from becoming Thanksgiving dinner! Thus, the brainstorming begins. I am like, "We could make him look like a pie baker or a bald eagle or something. A farmer wouldn't shoot a bald eagle." Bennett's response? "I want him to be Elvis." Okay then. Elvis it is!
After literally hours of researching and crafting, I present to you Elvis! It was a fun project to work on with Bennett, and we enjoyed talking about "The King" as we worked. We talked about his crazy hair, his crazy clothes, his crazy nickname "Elvis the Pelvis" which I am still unsure if it was appropriate conversation to have with a little kid. It was brief and tame...no worries. Anyway, I am glad to have helped save this turkey's life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment