Thursday, November 11, 2010
Lunchtime Visitors
Everyone needs something to look forward to. Even little kids need something to look forward to. As a parent, I think one of my greatest joys in serving my girls is giving them things to look forward to, especially when they really need it. Going to school has always been hard for Bennett. She is a home body. She just wants to be at home all the time and being at school all day has held it's challenges. One way I've tried to brighten her school day has been with the Lunchtime Visitors. On days when she takes home lunch, I send a post it note with a greeting from a special visitor. Let me introduce a few to you!
Say hello to Mr. Taylor Guitar.
Asian Hat Man is a little feisty.
Forgiving Ms. Nugget. Personally, I think she'd be relieved to have been spared!
And finally Sammy Saltine and his parting words. Bennett ate him a couple of days ago. This silly little gesture would not trip every kid's trigger, but it trips Bennett's. She has saved every Lunchtime Visitor I have ever drawn for her. Some have been glued into a scrapbook and some she keeps in the little pocket of her backpack. I am thankful for the opportunity to provide her with just a little something to look forward to!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Super cute! That's a fun idea!!!
Post a Comment