Friday, December 2, 2011

Dancing With the....Horses and Other Random Drawings

I know I am biased.  Just like every parent, I think my kids are pretty awesome.  All of our children are gifted by the Lord in a variety of ways.  Each has something that they are super incredible at.  I do not think I am just being biased when I say that I am pretty sure Bennett is the awesomest at...



...drawing a pair of horses who are dancing in the moonlight.  Goodness!  How on earth?  You could hold a knife to my throat and demand that I draw a pair of dancing horses and I would be dead meat.  There is no way I could do it.  Seriously.  Who knows how to draw dancing horses?!  Bennett does, obviously.   I love how the lady has a rose in her teeth with leg bent and head slightly tilted back, as if she is dancing AND in love.  Wow.


Here is another drawing by Little Miss Dances With Horses.  A sweet (maybe) kitten with big black eyes.  I'm not sure if those big black eyes are a good or bad thing.  Cats can be crazy sometimes.

Where does the girl get her skills?  From her dad, totally.  He draws quite a bit.  One evening this week while I was away, he spent an embarrassing amount of time designing this Disney princess "mash up" dress.  He did use a tracer for this project, but believe me, he could have done it freehand if he wanted to.  I, personally, have a few issues with the design on the skirt, but he is an artist and can do what he wants.  What a joy, to live with artists!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Very impressive! I'm amazed at the artist skills and creativity in your family! :) I love it...continue to share, please!

Unknown said...

i've seen some of your drawings Jen, you are all artists over there!