What seemed to be a minor tickle in the throat on Friday, has turned out to be strep for three out of four in our house. Maybe I am a huge wimp or maybe I'm biased, but I believe that I have taken the hardest hit. I have basically been lying around for the past three days doing nothing but coughing and running a fever and feeling terrible. Actually, now that I think of it, I would say Dad has taken the biggest hit, and he's the one out of four who has not fallen ill. It reminds me a lot of this video link...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8zj5Uiz-Ck&feature=related
It is not a good thing for a mom to be sick. It's not that dads aren't helpful or don't do a good job, but they just do things differently. And in this house where Dad works long hours to provide the bread and butter, that leaves me doing most of the day in/day out stuff, and it's my pleasure to do so! But when Dad has to step in as a my sub, even with a very good attitude, things sort of fall apart just a little. For instance, 1.) There was some sort of dad-sanctioned beach party in the living room while I was a feverish zombie. The aftermath is pretty bad. 2.)I think the only foods consumed in our home over the past 48 hours have been saltines, canned soup, fish sticks and mac and cheese. 3.) Bath time...oh goodness. It took about two years from start to finish...so I might be exagerating, but it felt like two years...as Ainsley took a very lengthy shower and ran us out of hot water for Bennett's turn. Crying galore. Then let's proceed to the hair combing. Bless his heart, but Dad doesn't realize there is a process to combing a child's hair when the child has masses of hair like Bennett. Scream and cryfest continues. There were things that went well. He successfully got them out the door to church, enjoyed a party with them and got them into bed. I must not overlook those things. But I'm pretty sure Dad was feeling a lot like Michael Keaton did in the below photo by the end of the weekend.
Not fun times. But thank you, Dad, for being the servant-hearted man that you are and for doing a hard task while I am able to do virtually nothing. Hopefully the meds will kick in full-force and I'll be back to making less processed foods that taste good and combing hair by tomorrow! A heads up though...it might be saltines for dinner one more time tonight.
Monday, March 5, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment