Monday, April 2, 2012

This Old House


So, I took my camera with me while we were out and about this weekend and it is now missing.  I am not feeling good about this.  I am hoping to retrace some steps and I hope that some kind soul turned it in.  Until I find it, I give you a couple of pictures about something I do feel good about. 


Before the camera went missing, little Ainsley got her mits on it Friday night.  She took these two pictures.  Photo one is of a bunch of old tack strip.  What does it mean?


The nasty carpet is finally being ripped out of the living room!  Major happiness!  And to make things better, here we have some delightful old hardwood that I think we'll just wax and leave uncovered.  I love hardwood and I also love not spending money on new carpet.   Joy, joy, joy.  The girls are pumped because now they can "ice skate" in a larger area.  It's going to take us awhile to get all the tack strip and the bazillion staples up, so the skating will have to wait a bit.  I am so glad we finally decided to see what was under the carpet.  Not all of the surprises you get with an old home are fun, but this one is pretty fantastic!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Oh joyous day! I love finding good hardwood underneath the carpet! Have fun getting all those staples up! :) looks great!