
We have long been discussing letters, sounds and words with Bennett, but I think we've had a breakthrough moment. Yesterday at the post office, I noticed her attempting to read a word by herself...no prompting from Mom. She sounded out and read the word "FRAGILE" on the side of the package we were shipping. Awesome! I am more pumped than she is as this point. I put the letter magnets back on fridge display and made two words, as seen above. She read them both! Again, awesome!!! Unfortunately, her response to my praises was, "No more words, Mom. And no numbers, either!" Okay, I got the point, but still it was very exciting for me. I told her I would only put two new words up per day...one in the a.m. and one in the p.m. She agreed to that. We'll see. I might try to sneak an extra in every now and then.
No comments:
Post a Comment