Monday, June 2, 2008

Monday Happenings

Here are some of the events that took place today, an ordinary Monday. Ainsley's shoe of choice for the day was a pair of lovely, Native American moccasins. Nothing screams "Welcome Summer" like a nice, hot, sweaty pair of leather moccasins.
Bennett decided to take on some addition. She did some dot counting to calculate sums, followed by counting on with a number line to arrive at her totals. A fine mathematician she is!
Bennett turned Ainsley into a patient for her hospital today, complete with a hospital gown and a complete work-up with the lab. I asked Bennett what Ainsley's ailment was, expecting her to say flu, tonsillectomy, broken bone...rather I was told she has skin cancer. Yikes. I thought that was a pretty serious condition to stick her sister with...quite concerning. I imagine with the talk lately about the necessity of sunscreen and protective clothing this season, it was probably the illness that was most fresh in her mind.

No comments: