Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day Smiles (And Some Tears)

We have been enjoying Memorial Day weekend. Each day has involved a party of some sort, which Bennett and Ainsley find thrilling. Below are a few highlights from the past couple of days... At Party 1, which was a birthday party for a dear little friend, Ainsley got to live her dream and hold a real baby. She loves babies! As seen in past posts, Ainsley looks so pleased, Baby B looks mildly alarmed.
At Party 1, Bennett supposedly "accidentally" fell into the baby pool with her clothes on. This triggered all the other smallies to "fall" into the pool while still clothed. These children just had the greatest time swimming in their clothes. Although, some of them had to shed a few articles due to the water weight. After they swam, the kids changed into their dry swimsuits and wore those home. This was definitely a memory maker for Bennett and Ainsley.

Upon returning home from Party 1, the girls decided to try on some of Mom's old glasses that Grandma found while cleaning out a closet. Why? I have no idea. I think it was just late and they were in a silly mood. Needless to say, we got some good laughs when they had them on. What was I thinking when I wore these in 7th grade? How awful!


These ridiculous glasses nearly made her cross-eyed! Yikes!



Yesterday we attended Party 2, a graduation, and Party 3, a little reunion of sorts with college friends. The day went as follows: Wake early, ride to church, sit through church, ride home, reload car, ride for hours, stop to buy Mom two shirts, ride again, sit at a graduation party for hours, ride, meet friends, ride, go to a park with no playground, wait for pizza...meltdown. While waiting for tables at the pizza joint, Ainsley pushed Bennett off of a step and Bennett retaliated with a punch to Ainlsey's abdomen. I'd never witnessed punching prior to this incident. Therefore, I had to attempt discipline on the sidewalk outside of the restaurant. I had very little choice but to sit them in a "time out" of sorts, and then they apologized to each other. Above, you can see the "time out" in progress. Many tears were shed by both children. The hour that followed in the pizza joint was rocky, but we survived. The Girls were actually very good overall, considering the amount of riding and sitting they'd done that day.




1 comment:

Jodi said...

I'm sorry, but that story about the fight is hilarious. I love the fact that you took a picture of the time-out!