Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Mother's Day Weekend, Featuring Dad!
Being a mom often means you are also the family photographer. Rarely are you actually in a photo. Once again, 'tis the case on Mother's Day weekend. It's cool...I'd rather not be photographed anyway. And Dad, bless his soul, is TERRIBLE at taking photos. So given that, here are some highlights from the weekend that feature the world's greatest father!
The girls and I made breakfast in bed for Dad on Saturday. This was done partially because we love and appreciate him. I must admit, it was also done partially because we knew that a hot breakfast would wake him up! It was an abrupt and slightly rude awakening at first, but I do think he enjoyed the breakfast. Ainsley enjoyed her breakfast by his side!
Ainsley is our handy, fix-it kid. She jumped at the chance to help Dad with some routine maintenance on the car. Don't forget the safety goggles!
And some free Mother's Day entertainment came when Dad dressed up and made a fool of himself at church on Sunday! He did a GREAT job playing the part of Bible Memory Man's arch enemy, Forgetful Freddie. He really got into his character and even talked in a high-pitch voice with a lisp. It was F-U-N-N-Y! Well, it was funny until the kids started getting physical with him and he got punched in the "red zone." Way to take one for the team, Dad!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment