Tuesday, October 26, 2010
The Right Book At the Right Time
As a former Title I Reading teacher, I am a bit of a book freak. Books are incredibly valuable for all people, but they are especially valuable for young minds. That is why we have approximately 1,000 children's books. Yikes and yeah at the same time! Well, I am one to buy most of my books at yard sales and Goodwill, and I often buy a book thinking, "Maybe we won't use this one right now, but some day it will be a treasure." A perfect example of this occurred this morning...
...when I saw that Bennett has pulled out "A Little House Christmas!" Oh my! I cannot begin to tell you how excited I am to sit with the girls and read this in our very own Little House cabin/closet. This is going to be such a fun Christmas read! I am just a teeny weeny bit excited, as I bought this book a couple of years ago and it has been dormant on the shelves. I'm actually glad for that because now it has become the perfect book at the perfect time and it will be so much more memorable than if we would have read it earlier. Yay for good books and the memories they can make!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh yes!! THE perfect book!! Have a great time reading it with your girls!!
Post a Comment