Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A Sign Of Things To Come!

Bennett and Ainsley LOVE Little House, and they LOVE to pretend they are pioneers. This got Dad and I thinking.
See this door? This is no ordinary door. In the relatively near future, this door will become the entrance to our very own "Little House" cabin!

Currently this door opens to a large storage closet. Dad and I decided that since we probably won't live in our big, old house forever, why not make a great memory for the girls while we do live here. We are going to relocate our stuff to the basement and make this closet a pioneer cabin!


Another before shot of the closet..



We have started gathering some pioneers items for our cabin. I don't know who is more excited about this cabin, "Mary" and "Laura" or "Ma?!" I think it's a tie!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

so when this room is completed, i'm totally throwing all manners out the window and inviting myself and my half pint over - ha! we'll bring something nice and Little House-esque - baked bread? salted ham? some nice shiny beaver pelts?

fun times!

Jennifer said...

No need to throw out the manners because you will be invited to the homestead! And by the way, we really could use a couple of beaver pelts.