Thursday, January 27, 2011

More Photo Rewind

Well, we're still waiting on the new camera to arrive. I love Amazon's prices, but their free, super-saver shipping sometimes leaves much to be desired when it comes to speed. It will only be a few more days. In the meantime, more photo rewind! Today's rewind highlights Dad's fine work when it comes to fun food. He is quite the artist, and here are some of his masterpieces. Above we have the sodium-laden lunch meat, pickles and black olive men!
Now this photo isn't a work of art visually, but rather one for the taste buds. Bennett and Ainsley will tell you that Dad is the one and only "chalsa" maker in our family. Chalsa is his term for cheese and salsa melted together, or queso basically. His formula is perfect every time and we all love it!

Toast, anyone? But not just boring, old toast. On this particular day Dad made some Evil Knievel, ramping motorcycle toast!


And finally, the item that Dad is most famous for...the cheese creation! He has created many of these, but here is one of his finest. I think this one was referred to as the Iowa Hawkeye, Tyler Sash cheese creation. If you look closely you can see the football in the players grasp. Simply amazing work from one amazing dad!



1 comment:

Julie said...

Hope your camera arrives soon! I love the funny faces with food...we need to do more of this. And I'll be requesting some "chalsa" next time I'm there! :)