Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Influenza: A Survival Guide
Well, it seems as though everyone and their dog has been hit by this Influenze B bug. Our family is no exception, as Bennett fell ill on Saturday morning and continues to live in a state of off and on misery. How does one survive a bout with influenza? Let me show you the approach we have taken.
Read and read some more! This is really not a survival tactic, it is just what Bennett does every day. I am glad that this flu bug has not kept her from being able to read. She has had spells where she was too miserable to do so, which allowed me to do some reading TO her, which I don't often get to do anymore. That was fun!
On Sunday, day 2 of the flu bug, Bennett was fever-free and it was a beautiful day. We cleared her to get fresh air, which is a surviving the flu tactic. She did some scootering and playing in the wet snow. Was this a wise tactic? I don't know, really. It was great while it lasted!
Flu survival tip: pretend it is summer and do some grilling! Burgers and brats, grilled asparagus and potato salad lifted our sick spirits.
Flu surival tip: play with Legos! The girls received their very first Legos as a Valentine's Day gift from Grandpa and Grandma and they have been a HUGE hit! I will most definitely need to douse them with a major spray of Lysol though.
Flu survival tip: BEG your grandparents to stop and visit. Both sets of grandparents stopped by with Valentine's Day goodies. We were all so thrilled to see their healthy, smiling faces!
Flu survival tip: Eat a completely inappropriate, yet delicious breakfast. This is Ainsley's breakfast from this morning, Day 4 of Bennett's flu bug. Bacon and chocolate covered strawberries, oh yeah! Bennett had the same breakfast, but did not end up having any appetite to eat it. Not even the bacon, her FAVORITE food on earth! The child is clearly ill!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We are experiencing similar stuff at our house! I have to say though that I love that you have your reading books color coded! Hope Bennett feels better soon!
Post a Comment