And a major part of our Easter weekend was having Uncle B and Aunt J home for a visit. We don't get to see them often, so when we do it's a special treat. Uncle B. and Dad did some jamming in the basement, and the girls joined them on harmonica, kazoo, and a variety of percussion instruments. Here's a short snippet from their jam session.
Thursday, April 28, 2011
A Little More Easter
Here are some more photos from our crazy busy Easter weekend!
Here are the girls in their Easter dresses. I decided to go with a more practical dress this year so it could be reworn frequently. And it didn't hurt that they were on sale at Target for $7.48 a piece! I love a bargain Easter dress! Too bad it was such a chilly day...we had to cover up in cardigans, but oh well. It was still a lovely, sunny Easter Sunday.
The girls participated in a couple of egg hunts on Easter. This cousin egg hunt is INSANE. There are so, so, so many eggs. I believe Bennett found 77 eggs this year and Ainsley found 55. And of course, each egg had multiple pieces of candy in it. A few pictures down you will see the winnings. CRAZY!
They had a smaller egg hunt at Grandma D. and Grandpa C.'s house, but it was just as intense because Grandpa and Grandma's eggs have money in them! I tried to take pictures, but these little egg hunters wouldn't stop long enough for a photo. They are running in every picture I took. I think each of them pocketed about sixteen bucks! Grandpa and Grandma, will you please have an egg hunt for the grown ups next year? Pretty please???
And the Easter candy. This is just some of the candy we came home with. If you come to our house any time during the next 12 months, we will most likely offer you some Easter candy.
And unrelated to Easter, but exciting nonetheless, Bennett received her new specs the day after Easter! She is so thrilled to be able to see objects beyond five feet of herself clearly. These puppies came in the nick of time, as her class watched Mary Poppins in music class on Tuesday. She said, "Man, was I so glad to be able to watch Mary Poppins without the actors being all blurry!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment