We had a lovely Mother's Day weekend. Lot's of fun and quite busy, but few pictures to show for it. I'll just give you a few randoms from the past week...
Ainsley is her father's daughter. She is a people person who is all about friends and giving. She would have a friend over every day if possible and she would give them a present every time she saw them if she could. Nothing is too small to be a treasured gift. Not even twisty ties. Here is a note and some "rings" she made for a friend. "I hope you have a great time with the rings" is the translation. Lovely!
Oh dear. We have a new driver in the family. Grandpa C. has been teaching Bennett how to operate the Gator. Over the weekend he let her drive solo for a few minutes. Cousin S. was her passenger, and while he looks completely upset he was actually having a super time. He just makes a really painful face when you ask him to say "cheese" for the camera. Stay off the roads, folks, or I guess the yard in this case.
And speaking of "her father's daughter," here is a Post-it I stumbled across this morning while cleaning up the kitchen. I believe this is a word bank that Dad created to help him write a poem of sorts in his grandma's Mother's Day card. It may be the first time in history that the words "crunch" and "punch" and "munch" have been used to express appreciation to someone on Mother's Day. But just as twisty ties are useful to Ainsley, no word is off limits when it comes to telling your grandma they are special, at least not for Dad.
No comments:
Post a Comment