So, from my last post you will recall we are taking down our fence. No biggie, right? Well, apparently it's a pretty big deal to someone. Check out the Mother's Day gift I received from Bennett below.
Bennett brought this lovely Mother's Day writing piece home from school. If you click on the photo you can enlarge and read the sweet things she wrote about the impact I've had on her life as her mother. The usual is listed...and the unusual, namely the importance of taking down the fence. She mentions that crazy fence business more than once. "My favorite thing to do with you is take down the fence..." "Thanks for teaching me how to screw the bolts off the fence." "One of my favorite memories with you is fixing the fence and carrying the parts to the shed." Really? Are you kidding me? I mean, we did have some family fun tearing down the fence, but I had no idea it was such an amazing experience. Never underestimate the influence you or your fence have on your children. It's the little things, you know!
No comments:
Post a Comment