Bennett has a friend, Olivia, who moved away a few years ago. They still keep in touch via email. Every time I read one of the emails they have sent each other, I find it quite entertaining, and also amazing that their writing/typing skills are so good for their age. Below I have pasted the content of an email Bennett sent to Olivia just this morning. Enjoy!
"Hi, Olivia! How's your summer going? Mine's going great! I am sorry this reply to your last email is so late, but better late then never, right? So when did you guys get out of school (If you have gotten out yet, which I hope have!)? We got out on May 24. Now, if I remember correctly from your last email, you said you got the book "Who Could That Be At This Hour" by Lemony Snicket. I have that book too! I haven't gotten very far in reading it though. If you like/liked that/this book, then I have a recommendation for you, as far as a slightly new series. You may have already heard of it, but if not, it's called "The Secret Series" and the first book in the series is "The Name Of This Book Is Secret." I have read the whole thing, and it is pretty scary in a funny way, but after I read it I had trouble sleeping, because of it and some other scary books, and I made the mistake of starting book two, "If You Are Reading This, It's Too Late," and then I couldn't sleep at all, but, if you like to stick it out through these kind of books, I think you would like this series. I really did like book 1, and what I read of book 2 was pretty good, just really suspenseful. Anyway, if you ever read this series, there are a few tips I will give you just in case you do, not that I am purposely forcing you to, just if you need something new to read. So, let the tips begin! Tip 1: It is not a good idea under any circumstances, no matter how bored you are, to read this series before bed. It is a HORRIBLE idea, believe me! Tip 2: You should never read scary books such as these in a scary place, such as, an attic, a closet, a basement with no windows, on Halloween night ANYWHERE, alone at home, in the dark, which be very hard anyway, and under any scary or spooky circumstances, which I will not list, for the sake of both of us getting sleep the next month. Tip 3: You should always read this type of book in a happy place, under happy circumstances, for example, at a party if you are waiting for the pizza to arrive, or the hamburgers to be grilled, or at a picnic, not by a body of water though, no matter how peaceful and/or shallow. Maybe waiting for your new puppy or kitten to get home with your mom. You see, only under happy circumstances should this series be read. Well, I hope my advice helps you, and if it doesn't, I am terribly sorry for wasting the past minutes when you could have been reading these books without my tips in the way. I hope to hear from you soon!
Bennett"
Tuesday, June 11, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment