Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Egyptian Princess

Bennett has been taking in some nonfiction television lately. Grandpa and Grandma have a variety of cable television channels featuring informational shows, and since we're house sitting she's soaking them up in the evening before bed. Most recently Bennett has been watching a series about Egypt...one on a mysterious mummy from King Tut's lineage, a show about when Rome ruled Egypt and one about Cleopatra. She decided to make Egypt part of her reality today by fashioning some fine jewelry for herself, creating an Egyptian princess look. When she showed me the jewelry I said, "You look great! I will be sure to take your picture." She immediately ran to the couch and posed herself in an Egyptian princess position. Then she posed herself to look as the mummy of Cleopatra would look if in its sarcofigas...nice! And of course, a mummy in a sarcofigas would have a solemn expression. I am pretty sure Bennett thought she really was an Egyptian princess mummy at the moment the photo was taken.

No comments: