Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Notebook


Ainsley said something that was impressive today, regarding her tiny spiral notebook. First, a little background...The Girls each have a small spiral notebook. We usually keep them in the car for drawing on roadtrips. The are identical notebooks, so I wrote each girl's name on the back of their notebook so they would be able to distiguish between the two. This has created a strong possessiveness regarding this beloved notebooks. Bennett DOES NOT want Ainsley scribbling in her book, and Ainsley DOES NOT want Bennett drawing or writing in her notebook either. So, then comes the impressive statement. Today, Ainsley was showing Dad her notebook as he buckled her into her carseat, recapping a recent occurance for him that involved the book and a brawl. This is exactly what she told him..."Bennett was messing with my notebook and I was not impressed." I overheard the statement. I said, "Did she just say she was not impressed?" She and Dad both confirmed that what I heard was correct. It was pretty fun to hear. I was definitely impressed!

No comments: