Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Jackie Chan!

Bennett's class has been working on reading and writing biographies.  Each student had to choose a person of interest to write a report on.  They were given the option to dress in character while reporting their biographical information to the class.  Bennett chose...not Abe Lincoln, not Amelia Earhart, not Martin Luther King, not Al Capone (but almost).  No.  She chose Jackie Chan.  Of course!  Why wasn't he the first to cross my mind as a suitable selection for a class report?

 Some friends of our loaned us a sweet jacket and Grandma found an old wig in her play clothes.  The wig had lots of read highlights so we had to spray paint it.  Let's just say that spray paint inhibits one's ability to style a wig, but it's cool.  Ladies and gentlemen, I'd like to introduce you to "Jackie Chan." 
Bennett's teacher just emailed this photo from school.  Bennett gave her report this morning, and it looks like she made a fine poster to display her information.  I also love how there is a huge picture of Jackie Chan on the projector screen behind her.  I think he's smiling his approval of her report and costume.  Never a dull moment with Bennett, I mean "Jackie."

1 comment:

Julie said...

Love the wig! Great job Jackie!