Bennett is still sick. I am glad to report that her fever is coming down, but it is still present. Her symptoms are less severe but she still looks and feels yucko. The crazy comments are still rolling in, but at a lesser rate. Yesterday's quotes:
"My hands feel like an elderly couple."
"I see fifteen Oklahomas." (while staring at some wall decor while laying on the couch) Hmmm.
Bennett has been doing three things. Laying on the couch with a blank look on her face, sleeping, and watching Dad or me play the DS. She has repeatedly requested that we attempt to pass world 8 of Super Mario Bros. for her. Now, watching someone else play a video game is generally torture. Bennett is obviously not feeling well if she wants someone else to do the playing. Let me just say that world 8 is super hard. Even a healthy person has trouble passing it. Dad and I are not very good video gamers, so yesterday while laying on the couch, Bennett played a super easy level repeatedly and earned me 38 lives, hoping that would be enough for me to succesfully pass world 8. After about 15 attempts and 15 lives lost I told her I simply had to do better things with my time, no offense. In the above photo, Dad gave world 8 his best shot. No luck.
Here is Miss Bennett this morning. The first thing she said when she came down from her bedroom was, "I feel like I look like I was in a freedom march with Martin Luther King where I was attacked by water hoses and dogs and police officers." I don't think she looks quite that bad. And compared to the other day, I think she's feeling better. I know I would prefer a freedom march attack vs. having a baby through my mouth any day! Things are looking up!
No comments:
Post a Comment