Friday, February 3, 2012

Record Breaker


Well this has just been a crapper of a week in the health department.  I don't know what this illness is that Bennett has, but it's a record breaker.  It has produced her highest fever ever (104.3) and caused her to miss a record-breaking number of consecutive days of school (5.)  It has also resulted in the use of a record number of Kleenex (probably 6,000.)  And due to a poor reaction to amoxicillin, it has caused her to mess her pants a record number of times for a "big kid" (7 times.)  Too much information, I know.


 Today is Friday and I am seeing a couple of glimmers of hope on the road to recovery.  First, Bennett asked for and actually ate all of her breakfast for the first time this week.  She just ate all of her lunch as well.  Yes!  She also wanted to watch a documentary on Alcatraz and/or Al Capone this morning.  This is a good sign because for the past 4 days she has just laid on the couch and stared at the wall, basically.  I found a documentary on an education website and while she watched it she made lots of little "popcorn" out of a clean tissue.  The making of tiny objects is also a sign of the return to normalcy.

This is also a sign of improved health.  She actually had the energy to make a sign telling me to keep the tiny popcorns.  There is a light at the end of the tunnel!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Is there a science to making popcorn out of kleenex? Do tell! :) I hope she continues to perk up! Wowzer...and I hope nobody else gets it!