Thursday, December 23, 2010

Candle-Kazam Wraps Up With Challenge #8!

For our final Candle-Kazam challenge, public humiliation was the ticket: Wear a fake mustache in a public place for at least 15 minutes. Dad was as good of a sport as ever! The public place we chose was a local drug store/gift shop. Dad did a super job of wearing the 'stache, the "gangster" model, so the packaging said. He looks so somber in the photos, but he really was cooperative and in good spirits. This experience proved a theory that I have...mustaches make people look more serious than they really are. 'Tis true!
Dad and his gangster 'stache, looking at greeting cards. He has the gangster eyes in this shot, I think!

To make this challenge a bit better, I mean worse than it already was, Dad ran into a coworker while we were there. Awesome! Thanks for letting us take your picture with Gangster Mustache Man, Jill! I hope it wasn't too creepy or awkward for you!


Dad was awarded a small prize for his Candle-Kazam efforts. The prize this year was a Swatch sticker. To most, this will not seem like a desired item or prize at all. But for Dad, a Swatch owner and avid fan and a sticker collector, this was something he's been wanting literally for years!



After the challenge was over, we quickly put the 'stache to good use. It now has a proud new owner...Cardboard Brian! Well, Brian sported it for a little while. When Ainsley saw him wearing it, she quickly tore it off of his face. I guess she did not find it very becoming. Again, thank you so, so much to Dad for being a wonderful sport during the 2010 Candle-Kazam! This was his best year yet, and we are thankful to have such a wonderful man and wonderful memories this Christmas!




1 comment:

Julie said...

Just wanted to tell you that I was supposed to marry Joey McIntyre also! :) I had his pillowcase! He does still have a good voice...not quite as cute though! :)